Did you know...
- Special Educators are in high demand nationwide, and they have a lasting effect on the people they serve.
- The Special Education program at USU consistently ranks in the top 20 education programs by U.S. News and World Report.
- Students can specialize in any of the following areas:
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Severe Disabilities
- Early Childhood Disabilities
- Visual Impairments
- Composite major with Elementary Education
- Dual Major with Secondary Education
- 100% of Special Education Graduates from Utah State University find a job
Read all about it:
I am so grateful for the wonderful pre-service education I received at USU. The professors are knowledgeable, approachable and easy to work with. I really enjoyed all the hands-on experience I gained and felt that it helped me prepare for my first year of teaching.
Kate Lillywhite, Special Education Teacher
For over 20 years I have interviewed, hired and supervised graduates for Utah State University's special education program. I know immediately during the interview if candidates have been trained at USU... they are confident and prepared to teach, they meet the rigorous requirements of a special education teacher in today’s educational environment.
Kirk Allen, Former Special Education Director, Logan City School District