Students can combine programs within the special education major (for instance mild/moderate and birth to age five) or can combine a special education major with elementary education or secondary education. If students combine the degree with elementary education or secondary education, they must apply for admission to both programs and apply to student teach in both programs.
The combined programs with Severe or Mild/Moderate and Elementary Education are the only combined programs offered at the regional campuses. As of March 2013, both STAT 1040 and Math 1050 are required for severe majors. Math 1050 will be added to the fall 2013 planning guides. All Special Education majors have an additional diversity course requirement.
Dual Majors within Special Education
- Birth to Age Five & Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Birth to Age Five & Severe Disabilities
Elementary Education Composite Majors
- ELED Preschool - Grade 3 & Birth to Age Five Special Education
- K-6 Elementary Education and Birth to Age Five Special Eduation
- K-6 Elementary Education & Severe Disabilities
- K-6 Elementary Education and Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- 1-6 Elementary Education & Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- 1-6 Elementary Education & Severe Disabilities
Secondary Education Dual Majors
- Secondary Education & Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Secondary Education & Severe Disabilities
Special Education with Teaching Support in Hearing IMpairments